Sun, Nov 12|
FINANCIAL LITERACY WORKSHOP
Are you in debt? Are you struggling to keep up financially? Do you want to learn how to manage your finances better and get paid to do so? In the words of Joe Biden, “THIS IS NO JOKE”. You can improve your financial literacy and get paid to do it.
Time & Location
Nov 12, 2023, 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Malone Hall, 2283 N Fair Oaks Ave, Altadena, CA 91001, USA
About the Event
Here’s the deal:
1. Come to Metropolitan Baptist Church Malone Hall at 2283 N. Fair Oaks Avenue on Sunday,
November 6, 2023, at 5:00 PM for explanations and assignment of the initial topic.
2. A Financial Literacy topic will be assigned to all attendees. For this screening, all attendees will
be assigned the same topic.
a. During the following two weeks or so, research the topic. Use whatever sources that you
desire—Personal conversations, SIRI, AI, Cortana, Library, or whatever.
b. Email your research results by November 29, 2023, for evaluation.
c. Return to Metropolitan on Saturday, December 2, 2023, for a group discussion of your
d. Based on the thoroughness of your work on this preliminary assignment and other factors,
a selection will be made of who will continue in future sessions.
e. One week later you will be paid $100.00 for your work to date.
For those selected to continue:
1. Select a financial literacy topic you want to explore.
3. Spend five hours during the week researching the topic.
4. Email in your findings before the following Saturday.
5. Return to Metropolitan on Saturday, December 9, 2023, and do the following:
a. Give a five (5) minute presentation on what you learned about your topic.
b. Listen to five-minute presentations by other participants.
c. Choose a different topic to research during the following week.
d. Receive $75.00 for the week’s research and presentation.
6. Return to Metropolitan the following week and repeat the process.
7. Continue the same each week for fifteen (15) non-consecutive weeks as follows:
a. December 2, 9,16
b. January 6,13, 20
c. February 3, 10, 17
d. March 2, 9, 16
e. April 6, 13, 20
8. At the end of fifteen weeks, receive a bonus check for consistent participation--$200.00 for 8
weeks, or $500.00 for 12 weeks, $1000.00 for 15 weeks.
9. Deposit the bonus check in a savings account.
The Rules: ADULTS ONLY
1. All presentations will be in English.
2. All presentations will be broadcast on Zoom to be viewed by whoever wants to view it but
not participate in the discussion.
3. All sessions will be recorded on the Zoom cloud for repeat viewing as desired.
4. Mask-wearing for Covid will be allowed (except during your presentation) but not required.
5. Group size will be limited to 20 persons.
6. If there is sufficient interest, additional groups may be considered but not promised.
7. Session duration will be limited to two hours.
8. Future workshops are not currently promised but may be considered.
9. Presentation of inaccurate information will not be allowed and can result in expulsion from
10. Participation is open to whoever is interested and has the need to know.
11. The first session will be a screening session. All potential participants will be asked to
research and prepare a personal financial statement (balance sheet and income statement)
and a preliminary personal budget and present a copy of each at the next session.
If interested in participating, use the drop-down menu below to request a ticket, them click on CHECKOUT. Provide your name and email address on the following page, then click CONTINUE. On this page, you may want to add the event to your calendar and/or print a ticket as a reminder of the event kickoff date and time.